Do’s And Dont’s After Hair Transplant Surgery
Hairfall is a common issue these days and people are really concerned about it. There are many reasons for this problem. These are hormonal issues, medical reasons, heredity problems, and other issues. If you are one of those who have received a hair transplant and want to maintain the outcomes need to know about the Do’s And Dont’s After Hair Transplant Surgery. Read the blog to know the details!
What is Hair Transplant?
A hair transplant is a procedure in which the hair follicles from the back of the scalp are taken and then transplanted into the region where needed. There are different ways to carry out the process. These are the FUE and FUT. Both procedures differ from each other because of the way in which the hair is picked up. In FUE, hair follicles are taken one by one. While in FUT, hair is withdrawn in the form of a strip. Both procedures result in hair and scalp restoration.
Do’s After Hair Transplant:
After your process, you need to do the following:
- Keep in contact with your surgeon to get to know about your condition and recovery. This is important for the recovery process of the patient. When you’ll be in touch with your surgeon it’ll be easy for you to have a fast recovery.
- Sleep in a direction in which your head is elevated. If you will not sleep in an upward direction it can cause swelling. So you should avoid sleeping straight and should sleep in an elevated way.
- Use ice packs to treat the swelling and pain. To apply the ice on the scalp you need to wrap the ice in a towel and then tap that towel on the scalp.
- Keep your scalp clean and wash it with the prescribed shampoo this will protect you from infections and other germs.
- Do not smoke and avoid alcohol. Smoking and alcohol can cause a delay in your recovery span. You need to avoid these things for almost a week.
Dont’s After Hair Transplant:
There are things that you need to avoid when you are done with your treatment. The things are:
- You should not touch your scalp area as it can hurt your scalp and cause infections. With infections, you have more chances of late recovery.
- Avoid sunlight after the treatment as it can affect your hair and can damage the scalp.
- Do not take part in hard exercises and activities it can affect your blood flow to the area which is being treated. You should avoid hard exercises. For at least 7 days.
- Avoid wearing stuff that is tight and can apply pressure on your treated area. Hats and headgear should be used on the advice of a doctor because tight caps can hurt the scalp area.
- Do not use dyes and colors on your hair as it will affect your scalp and the outcomes of the procedure. This should be followed for at least 2 weeks after the process.
These dos and don’ts can fluctuate with people. Different people with different conditions need to follow specific steps according to their scalp and growth rate.
Why Choose us?
Enfield Royal Clinic is here for you to treat your hair loss and baldness issues as well as we will provide you with pre and post-care so that you can get the desired outcomes. Our hair surgeons know how to carry out simple to sensitive and complex procedures. Our modern hair techniques have made the transplantation process easy for patients with fewer side effects and fast recovery. To schedule your treatment here in our clinic you need to complete the form that is present below!